Hi Guys! Virgin blogger here...why now you ask? Well the idea behind it all is to promote and keep everyone up to date with all the fundraising plans I'm making. The 'Ultimate Goal' is to raise £429 to build a Library but any more than that would be incredible! I've always been really interested in charity work so when I came across an "Oxfam Unwrapped" leaflet I was intrigued. Coming from a family of readers the Library seemed like an exciting and ideal project to get involved in so I approached them and in true Maraj tradition they were all on board, guns blazing! Great!

I am completely new to blogging but as I am looking to get more involved with Oxfam, keeping record of it all for myself and others seems like a nice idea; something to reflect on and share! Hopefully this doesn't come across as too self-indulgent; raising money will remain my top priority & I'm hoping you all can help me do that, be it through support or donations!

"The mind is everything; what you think you become"
Buddha

Let the journey begin....

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Help me make a Barefoot footprint

So I was googling unique fundraising ideas, you know, just to make it that tad more exciting and came across some, yes, interesting ideas...not many that I can realistically do though.
Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction: sadly I am one of the very few single people I know left, some married, most atre in serious relationships; as Robbie Willams put it, "all the best women are married, all the handsome men are gay." The single people I do know wouldn't appreciate being 'sold'...or maybe that's just me.  Well, nevertheless  please don't sell me. Mother, that's for you.
Beautiful Baby Contest:  I have no babies.  I only know a couple of beautiful newborns and I think it would be a tie (cheese!) not to mention a very short day.
Break the Balloon: It writes "Pop, pop, pop. What can be more fun than popping a balloon?"...erm, perhaps jumping into shark infested waters?! Crazy people. I apologise if anyone enjoys that sort of thing but no thank you.  It's not because I've inherited the sort of jumpiness that would make mice laugh, I just don't appreciate hot spit hitting my face and exploding plastic. Combined. Ahem. Yes.
Ferret Racing: I don't think I have to explain myself here. Ferret stepping however... :) Sorry, inside joke. I'll leave them out now.




And so it went on until I came across "Barefoot Books"....*click*...Wow.  The company sells books through Ambassadors and online, and the products are truly amazing. It was created by two mothers who wanted their children to read books with a strong ethical stance teaching them to respect nature and diversity. It's now become a world-wide community (of which I am now a new member, woooo!) where writers, artists, storytellers, musicians and many others come together to "provide timeless stories and captivating art that can help children become happy, engaged members of a global society."  I took a browse through the books and my 5 year old self gave a little cheer; they were beautiful! From "Mama Panya's Pancakes" to "We're all sailing to Galapagos"....Galapagos?* I hadn't even heard of that, something for us all eh? I was so intrigued and read up on how I could get involved. Before I knew it I was an Ambassador! How fancy, I gots me a title!  It was free, simple and there are no quotas or obligations to meet-brilliant, seeing as I have no sales skills and can't guarantee I'll work wonders.  You have the option to run the business from home, market books online or create fundraising opportunities. Guess what I went for? So help me people! From the books I manage to sell I'll be sent 20-40% of the retail value and all the money will go towards Library for Liberty! How amazing! By selling beautiful books about children around the world, we'll be helping children around the world read books!! So please if you have any children's birthdays coming up, click on the link at the bottom of the page (the one that says Barefoot Books...if you happen to accidently click on My Photoshop Gallery, that's ok too so long as you promise to go back to Barefoot...), and buy something beautiful!


Let's take that first step to making our Barefoot footprint!

1 comment:

  1. Follow the link and take a peak at some of the books on offer at Barefoot Books! You'll see what I mean by incredible! :)

    http://store.barefootbooks.com/uk/pop-best-of-barefoot-starter-collection.html

    ReplyDelete